Code2College is pleased to announce the following new board members:
- Karen Vladeck, Partner, Wittliff Cutter, PLLC
- Michelle Skupin, Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, RetailMeNot
- Krupa Vankayala, Head of Human Capital, PointState Capital LP
The three new additions join the founding board members as Code2College enters into its next phase of high growth. In just two years, Code2College has gone from a newly formed non-profit organization to now serving over 250 high school students (90% nonwhite, 65% low-income, 49% female and 45% first generation American) in Central Texas.
Over the next three years, the Code2College board will be intensely focused on helping to refine the program model and operations towards scaling the organization’s impact to serve over 1,000 students annually, starting in the fall of 2019. The board will be particularly focused on the following:
- Increasing the organization’s corporate partner roster to gain internship opportunities for its students;
- Increasing its number of volunteer instructors and mentors from 150 to 400;
- Increasing the number of school and district partnerships throughout Central Texas.
“I am thrilled to round out the current board with new members. Together, we hope to make a big impact both on the tech talent pipeline while changing the lives of Central Texas students who may not otherwise have access to lucrative careers in technology,” said Matt Stephenson, co-founder and executive director of Code2Colege. “With an aggressive growth strategy, our ultimate mission is to make Central Texas the nation’s capital for diverse, homegrown technical talent.”
For more information on how to partner with Code2College, contact Matt Stephenson at email@example.com